Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
October 15, 2013
9:20 A.M. YUBA COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY Agenda and Background
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
3. Reappoint Kathy Woods as the child care provider representative, Donna Greist as the community representative, and Vinny Johl as the discretionary representative on the Child Care Planning Council of Yuba and Sutter Counties for terms to end September 30, 2016. (427-13)
B. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Approve to sell at public auction properties that are tax defaulted subject to the power of sale via internet, and disburse any excess proceeds to all eligible parties of interest who submitted claims. (421-13)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Receive certificate of recognition from City of Marysville to Public Works Department regarding vegetation removal at Beckworth River Front Park. (No background material) (Ten minute estimate) (422-13)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Authorize budget transfer in the amount of $47,936 from General Fund Contingency to Account No. 102-9100-431-23-01(Special Projects) for emergency illicit discharge response on Ravine Court. (Land Use and Public Works Committee recommends approval) (Five minute estimate) (423-13)
B. County Administrator
1. Confirm Yuba County as lead agency and recipient of Economic Development Administrations (EDA) Grant for wastewater conveyance system; adopt resolution authorizing County Administrator to execute grant for the amount of $1,790,232 and supporting documents on behalf of the County; approve a grant match not to exceed $447,558 provided by Yuba County and reimbursed by OPUD; and direct Auditor-Controller to establish project account funds necessary to administer grant and complete project. (Fifteen minute estimate) (424-13)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Authorize budget transfer in the amount of $21,948 from Fixed Assets to Office Expense; and increase appropriation in the amount of $18,080.71 to Capital Assets- IT Hardware for surveillance camera server. (Ten minute estimate) (425-13)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (426-13)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(d)(2) - Brett vs. County of Yuba et al
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda. End