Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
June 18, 2013
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - ADDED TO CONSENT AGENDA ITEM C. 3. (Community Development and Services)
9:00 A.M. LAND USE AND PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE - (Supervisors Abe and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Vasquez
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
1. Authorize Auditor to disburse $463,416.72 in Measure D Funds from Fund 807 in the following amounts; $440,477.59 to County Road Fund 102; $18,536.67 to City of Marysville; and $4,402.46 to City of Wheatland. (234-13)
2. Approve Plans, Specification and Estimates; authorization for advertisement of bids for Powerline Road Bike and Pedestrian Improvements Safe Routes to School Phase III; and authorize Chair to execute. (235-13)
D. County Administrator
E. Health and Human Services
2. Adopt resolution authorizing the Chair to accept funds on behalf of the Health and Human Services Department from the State of California Department of Social Services Transitional Housing Placement-Plus Fiscal Year 2013/2014 and authorize the Chair to execute any related documents. (238-13)
3. Adopt resolution authorizing agreement for the Multipurpose Senior Services Program and authorizing Chair to execute documents as required by agreement and acceptance of funds. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (239-13)
F. Yuba-Sutter Economic Development Corporation
1. Adopt resolution approving the amendment to the Yuba County Action Plan within the 2013-2014 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Plan for the Yuba-Sutter Economic Development District. (240-13)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution accepting grant agreement from Yuba County Water Agency for construction of the Marysville Road slipout repair, awarding contract to Staples Construction Company, Inc. utilizing the National Joint Powers Alliance, and authorizing Public Works Director to execute and administer both contracts. (Ten minute estimate) (242-13)
B. County Administrator
1. Receive Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 and make available for public review; adopt as County's interim spending plan, including allocation changes, pending adoption of final budget; acknowledge balanced budget with use of one-time funds, State actions may require significant adjustments, and restoration of reductions will require equivalent reductions; set budget workshops for August 13 and 20, 2013; and set final budget hearings for September 17 - 24, 2013. (Fifteen minute estimate) (243-13) click here for Proposed Budget http://www.co.yuba.ca.us/Departments/CAO/Budget/13-14/default.aspx
3. Adopt resolution repealing and enacting Section B-3 Budget and Financial Policy of the Administrative Policy and Procedures Manual lowering general fund reserves from six to five percent. (Fifteen minute estimate) (245-13)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. Public Hearing - hold public hearing and adopt resolution amending "CDBG Program Income Reuse Plan" a reuse plan governing program income from CDBG assisted activities. (Five minute estimate) (247-13)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (248-13)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 - Property: APN 021-150-061/Roberta Butler Negotiating Parties: Mike Lee Negotiation: Terms and Price
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Fullmer vs. County of Yuba
C. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Claim of Lucha et al
D. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA/DSA/MSA/PPOA/Unrepresented and County of Yuba
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.