Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
May 14, 2013
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA – ADD TO COUNTY DEPARTMENTS ITEM C. 3 AND 4
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Board of Supervisors
1. Appoint Andy Vasquez as First Five Yuba Commissioner and John Nicoletti as alternate effective June 1, 2013. (No background material) (181-13)
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Right of Way purchase from AWW2, L.P., being a portion of APN 020-040-043 and authorizing the Public Work Director to execute all documents required to finalize said purchase. (184-13)
3. Award contract to Knife River Construction, apparent low bidder, for Hammonton Smartsville Road shoulder widening and overlay project and authorize the Chair to execute upon review and approval of County Counsel. (186-13)
D. Emergency Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Yuba County Sheriff's Office, Health and Human Services Department and Office of Emergency services to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with Beale Air Force Base for the purpose of coordinating the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS), and authorize the Chair to execute same. (188-13)
E. Health and Human Services
2. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Health and Human Services to execute specific new and ongoing contracts, agreements, cooperative agreements, grants, memorandums of understanding in an amount less than $50,000 for Fiscal Year 2013/2014 or multi-years, and authorizing the Chair to accept funds. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (190-13)
3. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $531,750 from Account No. 100-0000-361-45-00 (State/Social Services Administration) to various line items for upgrade of Local Area Network with Presidio Network Solutions. (191-13)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
B. Board of Supervisors
C. County Administrator
2. Adopt resolutions amending the position allocation and basic salary schedules establishing a Chief Information Officer in the information technology division of Administrative Services. (Ten minute estimate) (195-13)
3. Authorize payment in the amount of $17,633 from Fund 266 (Miscellaneous Housing Administrative Funds) to State Department of Housing and Community Development to fulfill demand letter received on March 25, 2013 for Yuba County Housing and Community Services program reimbursements. (Ten minute estimate) (203-13)
4. Authorize payment in the total amount of $35,161 from Account 278 Economic Development Program Income for $25,000 and $10,161 from General Fund Contingencies to State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) in order to fulfill demand letter received on March 25, 2013 for the Business Assistance Loan Program. (Thirty minute estimate) (204-13)
D. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Authorize transfer of unclaimed monies to the General Fund for the following: Prisoner Fund Trust $3,049.90 - Secured Holding Trust $114.44 - Unsecured Holding Trust $745.61 - Refund Transfer Fund $177.83. (Ten minute estimate) (196-13)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
A. Public Hearing - Hold hearing and adopt findings of facts, conclusion of law and orders authorizing assessment of administrative and summary abatement costs and recording of lien regarding 5952 Park Avenue (Murry A. Kay), Linda in the amount of $5,530.76. (197-13)
B. Public Hearing - Hold hearing and adopt findings of facts, conclusion of law and orders authorizing assessment of administrative and summary abatement costs and recording of lien regarding 5878 'G' Riverside Drive (Harold Ervine Coones), West Linda in the amount of $8,033. (198-13)
C. Public Hearing - Hold hearing and adopt findings of facts, conclusion of law and orders authorizing assessment of administrative and summary abatement costs and recording of lien regarding 5872 'E' Riverside Drive (W.D. Jr. and Juanita Cozine), Linda in the amount of $7,158. (199-13)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (202-13)
A. Two Notices from California Fish and Game Commission regarding regulatory action to Depredation Permit Application and Form, Bobcat Depredation, and commercial/ passenger fishing reports and logbooks.
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 - Property: APN 006-180-056, 061, 062, 066/Barbour, Merlynn Negotiating Parties: Mike Lee Negotiation: Terms and Price
B. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA/DSA/MSA/PPOA/Unrepresented and County of Yuba
5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
05-10-2013 - 11:00 A.M. Olivehurst Public Utility District/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
OPUD Board Room
1970 9th Avenue
Olivehurst, California 95961
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.