Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
February 26, 2013
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Stocker
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
B. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing right of way easement purchases identified as APN 006-190-021 and 016-190-037, Estate of Reva Carlson, and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute all documents required for purchase. (62-13)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing purchases of right-of-way easements for the Loma Rica Road Safety Improvement Project and authorizing Public Works Director to execute all documents required for purchase. (63-13)
3. Adopt resolution authorizing purchase of single family residence APN 021-024-016 as part of the Neighborhood Stabilization Program and execution of all documents necessary to complete by Community Development and Services Director. (64-13)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing agreement with California Department of Public Health for Tuberculosis Local Assistance Real Time Funds and authorize the Chair to execute all documents as required. (65-13)
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Sheriff to execute application for financial aid for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 boating program; and approve contract with Department of Boating and Waterways and authorize the Chair to execute same. (66-13)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Present Certificate of Recognition to Health and Human Service Reception Staff for consistently providing outstanding customer service. (No background material) (68-13)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST
A. Consider fee waiver request from Buttes Area District of the Golden Empire Council of the Boy Scouts of America for camping at Sycamore Ranch April 26 - 28, 2013. ($20 per night, 59 camp sites totaling $2,350) (Fifteen minute estimate) (77-13)
VII. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
2. Receive updates on Human Capital Management software acquisition and replacement of Information Technology infrastructure research and provide direction as appropriate. (Five minute estimate) (70-13)
C. County Administrator
1. Receive second quarter financial report; authorize mid-year budget transfers in the total amount of $5,478,427; approve two personnel request; and approve fixed assets requests totaling $103,675. (Twenty minute estimate) (72-13)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing interfund loan from Criminal Justice Impact fund (Trust 183) to Law Enforcement Impact fund (Trust 186) to provide funding for the new Sheriff's facility located at 720 Yuba Street, Marysville. (Fifteen minute estimate) (73-13)
3. Approve Yuba County as the lead agency and recipient of Economic Development Administration (EDA) Grant for wastewater conveyance system; approve grant match of $600,000 to be reimbursed by OPUD after project completion and authorize the Chair to execute a letter to EDA recognizing the match commitment; and adopt a resolution authorizing the County Administrator to execute the EDA grant application and supporting documents on behalf of the county. (Fifteen minute estimate) (74-13)
D. Community Development and Services
VIII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing and such public comments will be limited to three minutes per individual or group.
IX. CORRESPONDENCE - (78-13)
X. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
XI. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Tull v. County of Yuba et al
B. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDAA/DSA/MSA/PPOA/YCEA/ Unrepresented and County of Yuba
1:15 P.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
1:30 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS WORKSHOP
ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
3:30 P.M. YUBA COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OVERSIGHT BOARD
In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact
the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made two
full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the
agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made two full business days before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.