Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
August 9, 2011
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Griego
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
B. Community Development and Services
1. Award contract to Freddi's Grading and Paving, the apparent low bidder for Wheeler Ranch Phase 1 project at Feather River Boulevard and Plumas Arboga Road and authorize the Chairman to execute same upon County Counsel review and approval. (340-11)
2. Award contract to DeSilva Gates Construction, the apparent low bidder for Rubberized Asphalt Concrete Road Rehabilitation - Various Areas project and authorize the Chairman to execute same upon County Counsel review and approval. (341-11)
3. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Environmental Health to apply for a Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant Fiscal Year 2011-2012 and authorizing the Chair to execute all necessary documents. (342-11)
4. Adopt resolution approving application to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development for funding under the Home Investment partnerships program, and if selected, the execution of a standard agreement, any amendments thereto, and of any related documents necessary to participate in the program. (343-11)
C. District Attorney
1. Authorize destruction of closed misdemeanor case files from 2008 and older, and closed felony case files from 2006 and older, that fall outside the retention mandate of Penal Code § 290.08. (345-11)
D. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Yuba County Probation Department to apply for, and enter into agreements with California Emergency Management Agency and Corrections Standards Authority for grants relating to the delivery of victim and program services and authorizing the County Probation Officer and/or the County Administrator to execute documents as required, to authorize acceptance and transfer of funds, as well as any and all extensions and amendments. (347-11)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Yuba County Office of Education (YCOE) for GIS technical services to support YCOE's redistricting effort and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Five minute estimate) (350-11)
B. Board of Supervisors
C. County Administrator
D. Health and Human Services
1. Approve out-of-state travel for Health and Human Services Director to attend the Leadership for Healthy Communities, 2011 Childhood Obesity Prevention Summit in Washington, D.C. September 8 and 9, 2011. (Ten minute estimate) (353-11)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing to allow public comment on the Annual Grantee Performance Report and the Final Grantee Performance Reports and Closeout for the #08-STBG-4840 Community Development Block Grant. (Ten minute estimate) (354-11)
B. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and select a preferred Supervisorial District Boundary Map. (Continued from August 2, 2011) (30 minute estimate) (334-11) Additional information provided August 4, 2011.
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (355-11)
A. Notice from State of California Health and Human Services regarding funding for Fraud Investigations and Program Integrity efforts related to the In-Home Supportive Services Program pursuant to the California State Budget Act of 2011.
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Donahoe v. Yuba-Sutter Transit and County of Yuba
1:00 P.M. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BUDGET WORKSHOPS - Marysville/Wheatland Room
11:30 a.m. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider resolution approving application for Yuba County Community Services Commission Community Services Block Grant to provide aquatic recreational programming for summer 2012 - Community Development and Services (Five minute estimate) (356-11)
Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Abe)
A. Consider resolution authorizing the Director of the Health and Human Services Department to execute agreements for educational internships with local colleges and universities - Health and Human Services (Five minute estimate) (357-11)
08/09/11 - 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
08/10/11 - 5:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
08/12/11 - 11:00 A.M. Olivehurst Public Utility District/County Liaison Committee
OPUD Board Room
1970 9th Avenue
Olivehurst, California 95961
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.