Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
April 12, 2011
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Vasquez
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Approve lease agreement with Yuba County Office of Education for space occupied by the Public Guardian at the One Stop in Marysville and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (Public Facilities Committee recommends approval) (147-11)
B. Agricultural Commissioner
C. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Community Development and Services Director to complete purchase of single family residence APN 019-433-009 as part of the neighborhood stabilization program and to execute all documents needed for completion of purchase, rehabilitation, and resale. (150-11)
4. Approve plans and specifications for Wheeler Ranch Phase 1 Project at Feather River Boulevard and Arboga Road, authorize the Chairman to execute same, and authorize Public Works to solicit bids with a tentative bid opening date of May 4, 2011. (153-11)
D. Health and Human Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $22,859 from Account No. 100-5200-451-2300 (Professional Services) to Account No. 100-5200-451-6200 (Fixed Assets), for purchase of fixed assets to be used at points of dispensing and alternate care sites. (Human Services Committee recommends approval). (154-11)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Recognize Beale Air Force Base Officer of the Year. (No background material) (Ten minute estimate) (156-11)
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA: ADD THE FOLLOWING TO COUNTY DEPARTMENTS/Administrative Services:
2. Approve creation of two capital improvement accounts for the County-wide Chevron energy efficiency project; as well as the new Sheriff Facility project and direct the Auditor's Office to establish same. (164-11)
B. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution proclaiming April 10-16, 2011 National Crime Victims' Rights Week in celebration of of service to victims of crime and commending Yuba County Probation and other units of government for providing exemplary service to victims of crime. (Twenty minute estimate) (159-11)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (160-11)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) – regarding the following:
1) Broughton v. Shotwell and County of Yuba
2) Carter v. Comar and County of Yuba
3) Cox v. County of Yuba
4) Martinov v. County of Yuba
5) Donahoe v. Yuba-Sutter Transit and County of Yuba
6) Hernandez v. County of Yuba
7) Holston v. Debranca and Spadini
8) Justice v. County of Yuba
9) Lindsay v. Fryson and County of Yuba
10) Saechao v. County of Yuba
11) Ybarra v. County of Yuba
B. Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code §54956.8 - Property: APN 016-350-003 Negotiating Parties: Kevin Mallen, Mike Lee, and Robert Bendorf Negotiation: Terms, Conditions and/or Purchase Price
C. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957(a) - Labor Negotiations - DDA/DSA/MSA/YCEA/Unrepresented and County of Yuba
D. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 - Department Head Evaluation/Agricultural Commissioner
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA: ADD THE FOLLOWING TO CLOSED SESSION:
E. Personnel pursuant to Government Code § 54957 (b) (1) - Public Employee: Discipline/Dismissal/Release
11:30 A.M. Finance and Administration Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Vasquez)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
04/12/2011 - 4:30 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
04/13/2011 - 5:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee - CANCELLED
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.