Meetings are located at:
Yuba County Government Center
Board Chambers, 915 Eighth Street
October 12, 2010
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
9:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Stocker
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Award contract to All Seasons Tree and Turf Care, Inc., authorize Chair to execute same, and adopt resolution authorizing the Administrative Services Director to execute contract amendments and extensions upon review and approval of County Counsel. (Public Facilities Committee recommends approval) (468-10)
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
E. Community Development and Services
F. Health and Human Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Dobbins/Oregon House Improvement Foundation for lease of office space at their Community Center and authorize the Chair to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (473-10)
1. Adopt resolution authorizing mandatory imposition of $250 fee pursuant to California Penal Code §1463.27 for the crime of domestic violence and authorizing establishment of domestic violence prevention fund through Yuba County Probation Victim and Program Services unit wherein fee will be deposited. (Law and Justice Committee recommends approval) (474-10)
4. Adopt resolution authorizing Chief Probation Officer as project director to make application for funds to California Emergency Management Agency pursuant to the Federal Crime Act of 1994 for the drug impact program. (477-10)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
B. Board of Supervisors
1. Appoint representative and alternate to the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors for terms to start November 16, 2010; and authorize CSAC representative and District One Supervisor to attend annual conference and New Supervisor Institute in Riverside County. (Five minute estimate) (479-10)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Approve renewal of agreement with Bi-County Ambulance Services, Inc, to provide services for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2015 and authorize Chair to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (480-10)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (481-10)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Potential litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Yuba County vs. Epperson
C. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Yuba County vs. Tull (Two Cases)
D. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Yuba County vs. Cote
E. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Yuba County vs. Mathews
11:00 A.M. Law and Justice Committee - (Supervisors Nicoletti and Vasquez - Alternate Supervisor Stocker)
Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Abe and Stocker - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
10/12/10 5:00 P.M. Wheatland City/County Liaison Committee - Cancelled
Wheatland City Hall
111 C Street
10/13/10 5:00 P.M. Linda Liaison Committee - Cancelled
Linda Fire Protection District
1286 Scales Avenue
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.