All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
June 2, 2009
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
3:30 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
6:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS - Welcome to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors meeting. As a courtesy to others, please turn off cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices, which might disrupt the meeting. Thank you.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Vasquez
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Vasquez, Nicoletti, Griego, Abe, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Community Development and Services
2. Approve plans and specifications for the Marysville Road turn lane project, authorize the Chairman to execute same, and authorize advertisement of bids with a tentative bid opening date of June 24, 2009. (09-253)
3. Award contract to McNabb Construction Inc., apparent low bidder, for POW/MIA Spray Park, Restroom and Flagpole; authorize the Chairman to execute upon review and approval of County Counsel; and authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $100,000 from Account No. 102-0000-371-9703 (Local Fees for Construction) to Account No. 102-9100-431-2300 (Professional Services) to cover shortfall. (09-254)
B. Health and Human Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $2,050 from Account No. 106-4700-441-2800 (Special Department Expense) to Account No. 106-4700-441-6200 (Fixed Assets) to purchase a commercial refrigerator for the storage of vaccines and influenza specimen kits. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (09-255)
2. Approve County plan to implement Transitional Housing Program (THP-Plus) for former foster youth commencing Fiscal Year 2008/2009 and thereafter. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (09-256)
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding and Letter of Understanding with Live Nation to provide supplemental law enforcement services at the Sleep Train Amphitheatre and authorize the Chairman to execute same. (09-257)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing the Yuba County Sheriff to execute operating agreement with Yuba County Water Agency for law enforcement services for a limited term, May 15, 2009 - September 15, 2009. (09-258)
3. Authorize Budget Transfer in the total amount of $272,019 for reprogramming of various Sheriff's Department, Jail Division, and Animal Care Services funds to cover current and projected shortages. (09-259)
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers are requested to fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Please note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - ADD THE FOLLOWING TO COUNTY DEPARTMENTS:
B. County Administrator
1. Adopt resolution relating to the California Department of Water Resources' early implementation grant funding program as a formal acknowledgement of the current level of flood risk within the County of Yuba. (Ten minute estimate) (09-263)
C. Personnel/Risk Management
VI. CORRESPONDENCE - (09-261)
VII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - McCleary, Kirt Edward III vs. El Dorado County et al
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - ADD THE FOLLOWING TO CLOSED SESSION:
B. Personnel pursuant to Government Code §54957 – Public Appointment /County Counsel
2:30 P.M. Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Abe)
06/04/09 - 4:30 P.M. Marysville City/County Liaison Committee
City of Marysville
526 C Street
Marysville, Ca 95901
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.