All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
January 22, 2008
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Schrader
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
B. Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development and Services
1. Award contract to Sierra National Construction Inc., the apparent low bidder, for Lindhurst Avenue Bike Lane and Drainage Project, and authorize chairman to execute upon submittal and review of County Counsel. (08-037)
1. Approve amendment to contract with Capitol Public Finance Group, LLC to June 30, 2009 for financial advisory services pertaining to flood control financing and authorize Chairman to execute same. (08-038)
F. Health and Human Services
1. Approve California Department of Veteran Affairs Subvention and Medi-Cal Certificate of Compliance for Fiscal Year 2007/2008 and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee recommends approval) (08-040)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Planning Department to accept California Department of Transportation Grant through the Environmental Justice Program to develop the North Beale Road Corridor revitalization Plan, authorize the Director of Community Development and Services Agency to execute documents as required by the application and any pertinent documents related to administration of the grant. (Ten minute estimate) (08-044)
2. Receive State Transportation Improvement Plan (STIP) funding update and provide direction on reprogramming of STIP savings from State Route 70 widening project. (Twenty minute estimate) (08-025) (Continued from January 15, 2008)
1. Approve memorandum of understanding with Local Agency Formation Commission and appropriation in an amount not to exceed $85,000 to fund an amended consulting services agreement with Burr Consulting to complete its municipal services reviews and sphere of influence updates, and authorize Contingency Fund Transfer in the amount of $85,000 from Account No. 101-6900-410-07101(General Fund Contingency) to Account No. 101-1010-411-2334 (LAFCO-County Share) to cover costs. (Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval) (Twenty minute estimate) (08-045)
2. Approve extension of employment agreement with Three Rivers Levee Improvement Authority Executive Director Paul Brunner from June 30, 2008 to December 31, 2009 and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval) (Five minute estimate) (08-046)
C. Personnel/Risk Management
1. Approve Bryce Consulting Classification Studies and adopt resolutions amending Departmental Allocation Schedule and Basis Salary Schedule as they relate to various County Departments. (Finance and Administration Committee recommends approval) (Fifteen minute estimate) )08-047)
2. Adopt resolution approving amendment to Short Term Disability Program, delete Article Twenty-eight of Yuba County Rules Governing Coverage and Compensation, Benefits and Working Conditions of employees, replace with Short Term Disability Program Policy, and authorize Personnel Director to implement changes and execute all necessary documents. (Ten minute estimate) (08-048)
3. Approve increase in salary for Associate Civil Engineer and Principal Engineer and adopt resolution amending Basic Salary Schedule as it relates to same. (Finance and Administration Committee Recommends Approval) (Five minute estimate) (08-049)
D. Emergency Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Agreement between County of Yuba and County of San Diego pertaining to assistance under the Emergency Managers Mutual Aid agreement and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Five minute estimate) (08-050)
VII. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
B. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing, adopt findings of fact, conclusions of law and orders authorizing the assessment of administrative and abatement costs, and the recording of a lien located at 4900 Powerline Road, Olivehurst (Plumas Lake Center LLC). (Ten minute estimate) (08-052)
Ordinances - Hold public hearing, waive reading, and adopt ordinances approving development agreement for the purposes of extending entitlements for up to twenty years in exchange for participation in the levee funding program with the following:
7. Plumas Lake
Riverside Meadows, LP relative to
development known as
8. Meritage Homes relative to development known as Draper Ranch North; and
E. Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive second reading, and adopt ordinance levying special taxes within Improvement Areas A, B, and C of Community Facilities District No. 2005-1. (Continued from January 15, 2008) (Five minute estimate) (08-026)
VIII. CORRESPONDENCE - (08-055)
IX. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
X. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Potential litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
B. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Two Cases
XI. RECORD APPEAL - CONTINUED TO 1:30 P.M.
A. Consider record appeal of Planning Commission decision approving Conditions of Approval for approving Tentative Parcel Map TPM 2006-0018 (Smith) and take action as appropriate regarding resolution denying record appeal. (Thirty minute estimate) (08-056)
B. Consider record appeal of Planning Commission decision approving Conditions of Approval for approving Tentative Parcel Map TPM 2006-0020 (Ashmore) and take action as appropriate regarding resolution denying record appeal. (Thirty minute estimate) (08-057)
1:00 P.M. Finance and Administration Committee - (Supervisors Logue and Nicoletti - Alternate Supervisor Griego)
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.