All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
December 18, 2007
2:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY - SPECIAL MEETING
9:20 A.M. YUBA COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY - SPECIAL MEETING
9:29 A.M. YUBA COUNTY IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY - SPECIAL MEETING
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Logue
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Administrative Services
1. Approve declaring County real property as surplus, expenses for appraisal, and sale of said property identified as Assessor's Parcel No. 020-030-038, Tract 12 Avondale Way. (Public Facilities Committee Recommends Approval) (07-671)
2. Authorize participation in 2008 California State Fair Counties Exhibit, authorize award of any premium to exhibit builder Marysville FFA, and appoint Airport Manager as official County representative. (07-672)
5. Approve agreement between County of Yuba and Yuba-Sutter Economic Development Corporation for administration of Community Development Block Grant No. 06-EDBG-2770 as it relates to the Revolving Loan Fund Program and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-675)
6. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $1,100 from Account No. 101-1800-410-1700 (Equipment Maintenance) to Account No. 101-1800-410-6200 (Fixed Assets) for purchase of computer for Print Shop. (07-676)
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of December 4, 2007 and the workshop of December 6, 2007.
D. Community Development and Services
1. Adopt resolution amending Resolution No. 2006-155 by adding Planned Unit Developments to the resolution determining that the County will not accept or process applications for General Plan Amendments or Specific/Area Plans (including amendments) with limited exceptions, until such time as the General Plan has been updated. (07-678)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing application to Sacramento Area Council of Governments for a grant through the Community Design Funding Program 2007-09, and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute documents as required by the application and any pertinent documents related to administration of the grant. (07-679)
3. Adopt resolution authorizing application to CalTrans for a transportation planning grant to update the Yuba County Bikeway Master Plan, and authorizing the Public Works Director to execute documents as required by the application and any pertinent documents related to the administration of the grant. (07-680)
E. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Health and Human Services to enter into agreement with First Five Yuba for grant funds for Fiscal Year 2007-2008 and authorizing Health and Human Services Director to execute documents required by grant application and resultant grant and any pertinent documents as they relate to the program; and authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $4,982 from Account No. 100-0000-371-98-99 (Miscellaneous Revenue) to Account No. 100-5200-451-28-00 (Special Department Expense) to appropriate grant award. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (07-681)
F. Personnel/Risk Management
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VI. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Community Development and Services
D. Personnel/Risk Management
1. Receive update regarding Workforce Planning Advisory Committee, Personnel Department, and County Administrator's Office as it relates to advancement of programs for development of County staff. (Fifteen minute estimate) (07-689)
2. Approve amendment to Memorandum of Understanding extending educational Tuition Reimbursement Program through December 31, 2008, authorize Chairman to execute same, and authorize review of program to determine feasibility of renewal. (Ten minute estimate) (07-690)
VII. ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add the following to County Departments:
VIII. ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST
A. Consider request from Barbara Coney and Nicolas Walker for waiver/reduction regarding Lot Line Adjustment (LLA) 2006-0042 and take action as appropriate. (Continued from December 11, 2007) (Fifteen minute estimate) (07-665)
IX. CORRESPONDENCE - (07-691)
X. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
XI. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - People vs. River Highlands Community Services District
11:30 A.M. Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Logue - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider ordinance amending Chapter 9.10 relating to establishment of through highways by expanding traffic engineering investigation - Community Development and Services/Public Works (Five minute estimate) (07-692)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Logue - Alternate Supervisor Stocker)
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.