All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
August 7, 2007
1:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY - CANCELLED
3:30 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Nicoletti
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
3. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of July 17 and 24, 2007.
B. Community Development and Services
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Pull from Consent Agenda Item B 5 regarding contract award for State Route 70 Plumas Lake Bouldevard Interchange Project
5. Award contract to apparent low bidder for State Route 70 Plumas Lake Boulevard (Algodon Road) Interchange Project with a bid opening date of August 1, 2007 and authorize Chairman to execute upon submittal and review of County Counsel. (07-434)
8. Adopt resolution approving submission of HOME Investment Partnership Program application for First Time Homebuyers Program Funds and authorizing Community Development Director to execute all related documents. (07-437)
C. Health and Human Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing Health and Human Services to apply to State of California for Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health Grant for period July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2010 and authorizing Chairman to execute documents required by the application, resultant grant and any pertinent documents related to this program, and the acceptance of funds. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (07-438)
D. Personnel/Risk Management
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Sheriff or designee to submit application for Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) funds for Fiscal Year 2007, and authorizing Chairman to execute documents required by the application, resultant grant and any pertinent documents related to the grant, and acceptance of funds. (07-440)
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $70,000 from Account No. 101-6900-410-71.01 (General Contingency Fund) to Account No. 101-0900-417-23.00 (Buildings and Grounds Professional Services) for replacement of boiler at County Courthouse and Jail. (Five minute estimate) (07-442)
1. Receive Multi Hazard Mitigation Plan update. (No background material) (Ten minute estimate) (07-444)
C. Personnel/Risk Management
1. Approve Memoranda of Understandings between Deputy Sheriff's Association, Law Enforcement Management Supervisory Association and County of Yuba effective July 1, 2007 and authorize Chairman to execute same, adopt resolution amending the Classification System Basic Salary/Hourly Schedule as it relates to the Sheriff's Department effective July 1, 2007; (07-445)
D. Treasurer-Tax Collector
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of 2007-2008 Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes for the Yuba Community College District in an amount not to exceed $10,000,000. (Five minute estimate) (07-448)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add to County Departments - Board of Supervisors
E. 1. Receive Nordic Industries proposal regarding advanced funding for levee construction and repair for Segments One, Three, and Site Seven; consider approving a County guarantee for these projects costs; and provide staff direction action as appropriate. (07-415) (Continued from July 24, 2007)
VI. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Ordinance - Hold public hearing, waive reading, and adopt ordinance renumbering Chapters 13.15.000 to 13.15.160 relating to Public Facilities Fees to new chapter numbers of 13.50.000 to 13.50.160, and ordinance renumbering Chapters 13.20.000 to 13.20.070 relating to Levee Fees to new Chapters 13.75.000 to 13.75.070 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code. (Second Reading) (Continued from July 24, 2007) (Five minute estimate) (07-424)
VII. CORRESPONDENCE - (07-449)
VIII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
IX. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - People vs. Imler
B. Pending litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(a) - Linda Fire Protection District vs. Dean Sellers
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add to Closed Session
C. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Two Cases
Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
B. Consider resolution authorizing agreement with California Department of Health Services for AIDS Block grant and authorizing Chairman to execute necessary documents required by grant - Health and Human Services (Five minute estimate) (07-451)
Land Use and Public Works Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Logue - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
08/08/07 Linda Liaison Committee
3:00 P.M. Linda Fire Protection District
A. Edgewater traffic issues
B. Linda Water District expansion
C. Committee Member's Reports/Other Discussion
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.