All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
July 24, 2007
8:30 A.M. YUBA COUNTY WATER AGENCY
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Logue
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
B. Board of Supervisors
C. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 10, 2007.
E. Emergency Services
1. Adopt resolution authorizing the Director of Emergency Services or designee to submit grant application for Fiscal Year 2007/2008 for Homeland Security Grant and execute necessary documents upon review and approval of County Counsel. (07-406)
F. Health and Human Services
1. Approve agreement with Yuba Community College for learning disability assessment/counseling services for CalWORKS program and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Human Services Committee Recommends Approval) (07-407)
H. Public Guardian
I. Public Works
1. Award contract to apparent low bidder Baldwin Contracting for Ramirez Road Rehabilitation project and authorize Chairman to execute upon submittal and review and approval of County Counsel. (07-412)
2. Award contract to apparent low bidder Baldwin Contracting for Feather River Boulevard Pavement Rehabilitation Project located between Grand and Ella Avenue and authorize Chairman to execute upon submittal and review and approval of County Counsel. (07-413)
3. Approve reimbursement agreement with Reynen and Bardis Communities for Riverbank Drive Crossing Project and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends Approval) (07-414)
1. Approve agreement between Contract Pharmacy Services and County of Yuba to provide pharmacy services for Yuba County Jail and Juvenile Hall facilities and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-416)
IV. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
A. Receive update on Regional Park Master Plan presented by MIG. (No background material) (15 minute estimate) (07-417)
V. ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add the following to Special Presentation:
B. Receive presentation from Beale Military Liaison Committee regarding proposed headquarters for Cyberspace Command (Ron Bartoli). (No background material) (Ten minute estimate)
VI. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
VII. ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST
A. Consider request from Hofman Ranch for Board to direct removal of all references of Hofman Ranch from project regarding Feather Creek Specific Plan and take action as appropriate. (Ten minute estimate) (07-418)
VIII. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Board of Supervisors
B. Community Development
1. Adopt resolution determining the conceptual layout is consistent with the intent of the General Plan circulation element and Measure R with regards to roadway connection between Highway 65 and Highway 70. (15 minute estimate) (07-420)
1. Receive introduction of Luis Mendoza as the new Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer of Weights and Measures effective August 6, 2007; approve appointment of Mr. Mendoza at step four (4) of the Salary Schedule; approve appointment for a four year term as required by State law; approve employment agreement for Mr. Mendoza and authorize County Administrator to execute said agreement. (07-421) (Five minute estimate)
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add the following to County Departments/County Administrator
2. Receive proposal from Nordic Industries regarding advanced funding for levee construction and repair for Segments One, Three, and Site Seven; consider approving a County guarantee for these projects costs; and provide staff direction as appropriate. (07-415) (15 minute estimate)
D. Health and Human Services
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding between Dobbins/Oregon House Improvement Foundation and Health and Human Services to provide health and social services at Dobbins/Oregon House Community Center and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-422) (Ten minute estimate)
IX. ORDINANCES AND PUBLIC HEARINGS: If you challenge in court the action or decision of the Yuba County Board of Supervisors regarding a zoning, planning, land use or environmental protection matter made at any public hearing described in this notice, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at such public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Yuba County Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, such public hearing.
A. Public Hearing - Hold public hearing and adopt resolution adopting a mitigated negative declaration and mitigation monitoring and reporting plan, Specific Plan Amendment SPA 2004-005, and Tentative Subdivision Tract Map 2004-0048 for Lennar Communities (Northpoint Subdivision); and adopt ordinance rezoning certain property to Medium Density Residential, Park, and Open Space. (Ten minute estimate) (07-423)
B. Ordinance - Hold public hearing and introduce ordinance renumbering Chapters 13.15.000 to 13.15.160 relating to Public Facilities Fees to new chapter numbers of 13.50.000 to 13.50.160 and ordinance renumbering Chapters 13.20.000 to 13.20.070 relating to Levee Fees to new Chapters 13.75.000 to 13.75.070 of the Yuba County Ordinance Code. (First Reading) (Five minute estimate) (07-424)
XI. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA - Add the following after Board and Staff Members Reports:
CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - Two Cases
Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider resolution authorizing Health and Human Services to apply to State of California for Maternal, Child, Adolescent Health Grant for period July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2010 - Health and Human Services (Five minute estimate) (07-426)
Public Facilities Committee - (Supervisors Griego and Logue - Alternate Supervisor Stocker)
A. Consider Budget Transfer in the amount of $70,000 from General Contingency Funds to Buildings and Grounds for replacement of courthouse boiler - Administrative Services (Five minute estimate) (07-427)
07/27/07 - 8:30 A.M. Bi-County Juvenile Hall/Mental Health Committee Meeting
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.