All meetings are located at:
unless otherwise indicated
April 17, 2007
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Led by Supervisor Schrader
II. ROLL CALL - Supervisors Logue, Nicoletti, Griego, Schrader, Stocker
III. CONSENT AGENDA: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and can be enacted in one motion.
A. Board of Supervisors
B. Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
1. Approve the minutes of the regular meeting of April 3, 2007.
1. Authorize Budget Transfer in the amount of $85,000 from Account No. 101-6900-410-71-01 (Contingency Account) to Account No. 101-1700-411-23-00 (Professional Services) to cover professional services for Fiscal Year 2006/2007. (07-173)
2. Approve agreement with Kennedy/Jenks Consultants for services provided regarding River Highlands Community Services District wastewater treatment facility and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-174)
D. District Attorney
1. Adopt resolution authorizing application for funds to the Governor's Office of Emergency Services pursuant to the California Child Abuser Vertical Prosecution Program and authorizing the District Attorney to execute all necessary documents upon review and approval of County Counsel. (07-175)
2. Adopt resolution authorizing application for funds to the Office of the Attorney General pursuant to the California Spousal Abuser Prosecution Program Grant and authorizing the District Attorney to execute all necessary documents upon review and approval of County Counsel. (07-176)
1. Approve Memorandum of Understanding with Yuba County Superior Court to implement a collection program and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Law and Justice Committee Recommends Approval) (07-177)
F. Public Works
1. Approve agreement with United States Fish and Wildlife Service and Center for Natural Lands Management to provide vernal pool conservation fee for State Route 70-Algodon Road (Plumas Lake Boulevard) Interchange project and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-178)
G. Risk Management/Personnel
1. Authorize abolishing Administrative Services Officer position and establishing a new classification of Financial Manager, and adopt resolutions amending the Departmental Position Allocation and Classification System - Basic Salary as it relates to the Sheriff's Department. (Finance and Administration Committee Recommends Approval) (07-180)
2. Authorize Finance and Administration Manager position in Community Development and Services Agency and adopt resolutions amending the Departmental Position Allocation Schedule and Classification Basic Salary as it relates to Community Development and Services Agency. (Finance and Administration Committee Recommends Approval) (07-181)
2. Approve agreement between United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration and County of Yuba to provide law enforcement services relating to eradication and suppression of illicit marijuana and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-183)
3. Approve two reimbursement agreements with United States Forest Service to provide law enforcement services to fight controlled substances and provide campground patrols and authorize Chairman to execute same. (07-184)
IV. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Any person may speak about any subject of concern provided it is within the jurisdiction of the Board of Supervisors and is not already on today's agenda. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Prior to this time speakers must fill out a "Request to Speak" card and submit it to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Note: No Board action can be taken on comments made under this heading.
V. COUNTY DEPARTMENTS
A. Administrative Services
B. Board of Supervisors
C. Community Development
1. Approve amendment with California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection for a Fire Protection Planner Contract - Community Development and authorize Chairman to execute same. (Land Use and Public Works Committee Recommends Approval) (10 minute estimate) (07-187)
1. Authorize appropriation of funds in the amount of $13,311 from Account No. 101-0000-361-62-21(Public Library Fund) to Account No. 101-6000-462-28-00 (Special Department Expense) to allocate unanticipated revenues for 2006-2007 budget. (5 minute estimate) (07-189)
VI. CORRESPONDENCE - (07-190)
VII. BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’ REPORTS: This time is provided to allow Board and staff members to report on activities or to raise issues for placement on future agendas.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION: Any person desiring to comment on any matter scheduled for this closed session may address the Board at this time.
A. Threatened litigation pursuant to Government Code §54956.9(b) - One Case
B. Labor negotiation pursuant to Government Code §54957.6(a) - DSA/MSA and County of Yuba/Martha Wilson
IX. RECESS TO 3:00 P.M.
X. GENERAL PLAN STUDY SESSION
A. General Plan Work Program
1. Main elements of the Work Program
B. Key Issues and Questions
1. Four primary topics:
a. County's Place in the Region
b. Growth that results in Fiscal/Economic Balance
c. Opportunities and Constraints - Where and How to Grow
d. Comprehensive Planning and Implementation
C. Stakeholder Outreach
D. General Plan Focus Group
2:00 P.M. THREE RIVERS LEVEE IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
4:00 P.M. YUBA COUNTY IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY- CANCELLED
Human Services Committee - (Supervisors Stocker and Griego - Alternate Supervisor Nicoletti)
A. Consider amendment with Yuba County Office of Education to provide office space located at 1114 Yuba Street (One Stop Building) for Public Guardian effective July 1, 2007 - County Administrator (10 minute estimate) (07-191)
In compliance with the American with
Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled
parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related
modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please
contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353
(fax). Requests must be made one
full business day before the start of the meeting. To place an item on the agenda, contact the
office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the meeting room is wheelchair accessible and disabled parking is available. If you have a disability and need disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in this meeting, please contact the Clerk of the Board's office at (530) 749-7510 or (530) 749-7353 (fax). Requests must be made one full business day before the start of the meeting.
To place an item on the agenda, contact the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at (530) 749-7510.
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: Members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board of Supervisors on items not appearing on the agenda which are of interest to the public and are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, provided that no action shall be taken unless otherwise authorized by law. The total amount of time allotted for receiving such public communication shall be limited to a total of 15 minutes and each individual or group will be limited to no more than 5 minutes.
AGENDA ITEMS: The opportunity of the public to be heard on an item shall be provided during the consideration of that item. In the interest of time, the Board has limited the length of such comment or input on each item to 15 minutes total, with a limit of no more than 5 minutes per person or group. The period for public comments on a particular item may be extended upon a majority vote of the Board. These time limits do not apply to applicants appearing before the Board on behalf of their applications.
ACTION ITEMS: All items on the Agenda under the headings “Consent,” “County Departments,” Ordinances and Public Hearings,” “Items of Public Interest,” and “Closed Session,” or any of them, are items on which the Board may take any action at this meetings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: All members of the public shall be allowed to address the Board as to any item which is noticed on the Board's agenda as a public hearing. The Board has limited each person or group input to no more than 3 minutes. Any person or group may provide the Board with a written statement in lieu of or in supplement to any oral statement made during a public hearing. Written statements shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board.
ORDINANCES: Ordinances shall not be passed within five days of their introductions, nor at other than a regular meeting or at an adjourned regular meeting. The Board of Supervisors will address ordinances at first readings. The public is urged to address ordinances at first readings. Passage of ordinances will be held at second readings, after reading the title, further reading is waived and adoption of the ordinance is made by majority vote. An urgency ordinance may be passed immediately upon introduction. The Board reserves the right to amend any proposed ordinances and to hold a first reading in lieu of a second reading.
INFORMATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE: The Board may direct any item of informational correspondence to a department head for appropriate action.
SCHEDULED LUNCH BREAK: Between the hours of and and at the discretion of the Chair, the Board will recess one hour for lunch.
SPECIAL MEETINGS: No public comment shall be allowed during special meetings of the Board of Supervisors, except for items duly noticed on the agenda.
PUBLIC INFORMATION: Copies of §6.7 shall be posted along with agendas.