Fire Season Information
In January 2005 a state law took effect that
extended the defensible space clearance around homes and structures from
30 feet to 100 feet. Proper clearance to 100 feet dramatically increases
the chance of your house surviving a wildfire. This defensible space
also provides for firefighter safety when protecting homes during a wild
land fire. Please click on the CalFIRE links below for additional information.
- Do your defensible space clearing before 10 a.m.
- avoid hot and windy days
- Lawn mowers are designed to mow lawns.
It is recommended to use a weed trimmer for weeds and dry grass.
- When clearing brush, remove rocks before you
operate equipment. Hidden rocks in the grass or weeds can spark a
fire when struck by a metal blade.
- In wild land areas, spark arresters are
required on portable gasoline powered equipment including chainsaws,
weed eaters, movers, tractors, motorcycles and ATVs.
- Shut all doors and windows
The following agencies can provide additional